Last Updated: 2023-07-24
Compliance Forge, LLC (us/we) is committed to transparency for how we collect, use, share and protect the Personal Data (PD) and/or Sensitive Personal Data (sPD) under our control. We strive to honor the confidentiality of our customers. We want customers to have confidence in their use of our products and services that their PD / sPD is adequately protected.
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. We update this notice periodically to comply with evolving statutory and regulatory requirements. When we make changes to the Privacy Notice, we revise the Last Updated date on the upper left corner of this page.
Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with PD / sPD, since it is the consumer’s (you/your) due diligence obligation to review this Privacy Notice and contact us if you have questions on this topic. If you have any questions concerning our Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com and include your name, telephone number and email address so that we can contact you; or phone us at 1-855-205-8437.
Who We Are
Compliance Forge, LLC (ComplianceForge) is a US-based Limited Liability Company (LLC) that is headquartered in Sheridan, Wyoming.
Protecting Your Data (Data Security)
We are committed to ensuring that your PD / sPD is adequately protected. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we put in place suitable administrative, physical and technical controls to safeguard the PD / sPD under our control. To protect the confidentiality and integrity of your PD / sPD, we use physical and cybersecurity measures that comply with applicable statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
Transparent Privacy Practices
We are committed to transparency about how your PD / sPD is captured, processed, stored, transmitted and/or shared. The types of PD / sPD collected and shared depends on the interaction you have with us. Any PD / sPD is what you voluntarily provided to ComplianceForge, directly by you or through cookies on your system(s).
ComplianceForge collects relevant PD / sPD when a data subject:
- Visits ComplianceForge website (e.g., cookies);
- Contacts ComplianceForge to ask questions about products/services;
- Creates an account on ComplianceForge website;
- Requests information about a product or service;
- Purchases a product or service;
- Registers as a participant in one of our events (online or in-person); and/or
- Completes a survey, contest or sweepstakes or other promotion.
PD may include the data subject’s:
- Billing address;
- Shipping /or mailing address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Order comments (e.g., notes and/or preferences);
- Purchase history; and
- Other information relevant to order fulfilment, customer surveys and/or offers.
If payment is made with a payment card (e.g., credit card or debit card), sPD includes the data subject’s:
- Payment card account number;
- Payment card expiration date; and
- Payment card Card Verification Value (CVV).
If payment is made with check, ACH or wire transfer, sPD may include the data subject’s:
- Bank name;
- Bank account name;
- Bank account number; and
- Bank routing number.
ComplianceForge’s products and services are not marketed to minors. We do not knowingly collect PD / sPD from children under 13.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies also allow us to personalize your experience, advertise to you on other websites and speed the check-out process. ComplianceForge may collect the following analytics-related information from your computer and mobile devices where allowed by individual browsers and/or operating systems, that includes, but is not limited to:
- Unique device identifiers (e.g., MAC and IP addresses);
- Browser type, version, language and display/screen settings;
- Information about how you use and interact with ComplianceForge's website(s) (e.g., activities on pages visited, links clicked or unique and measurable patterns such as keystrokes, mouse clicks and movements, swipes and gestures);
- Responses to advertisements on websites where ComplianceForge advertises; and/or
- Search engine referrals.
If you limit sharing PD / sPD with ComplianceForge, it may affect our ability to transact business processes (e.g., create an account, communicate with ComplianceForge and/or purchase products and/or services).
ComplianceForge may share relevant PD / sPD with third-parties in these cases:
- The ComplianceForge website is hosted on BigCommerce, which is an ecommerce platform, so relevant PD may be visible to BigCommerce technical support personnel.
- Customer contact information and order history-related PD are shared with a third-party Customer Resource Management (CRM) solution for customer service functions (e.g., newsletters, email marketing, product renewal notifications, etc.).
- Payment card-related sPD is collected, stored, processed and transmitted in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for how payment card data is captured via the ComplianceForge website (BigCommerce hosted store) and securely transmitted to the selected Merchant Services Provider (MSP) (e.g., Authorize.net or Stripe). ComplianceForge does not store any payment card data and is only retained by the MSP for payment processing purposes.
- Business support activities (e.g., accounts receivable, internal financial record keeping (e.g., bookkeeping), website maintenance and improvements, etc.).
- Government Agencies as required by laws and regulations (e.g., court order).
Links To Other Websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you follow any links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection mechanisms and privacy of any PD / sPD which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice . You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Notice applicable any third-party websites.
Controlling The Use of Your Personal Data
If you created an account, you can login and update your relevant PD. You can also contact ComplianceForge to have your email address removed from our mailing list. If you previously agreed to us using your PD for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your preferences. Our marketing emails also contain unsubscribe links for self-service unsubscribing actions.
You may request details of PD / sPD which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable to cover administrative costs associated with processing the request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 30 N Gould St, Suite 9141, Sheridan, Wyoming, 82801 and state your request.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
There are known methods that spammers can use to hide their identity by using other people's email address to send out emails. If you have any question about the genuineness of an email you receive that appears to be from ComplianceForge, contact us to verify the legitimacy of the email and do not furnish PD / sPD in response to the email in question.